Taco Bell’s Mexican Pizza combines two classic foods: tacos and pizza. It comes in pizza form, as if a taco wasn’t already delicious enough. So, What is on the mexican pizza from taco bell?
If, like so many people around the globe, you were dismayed when Taco Bell removed its famous Mexican pizza from the menu, have no fear! No matter what the future holds, you can always prepare it at home, and with my simple 15-minute recipe, it will be even better.
I enjoy every aspect of tacos and pizza. When I first heard about Mexican pizza, I knew it would soon become one of my favorite foods.
Regarding taco night, I enjoy having a variety of go-to recipes, and Mexican pizza is an entertaining way to switch things up.
What Is Taco Bell Mexican Pizza?
If you have never experienced the Taco Bell Mexican Pizza, you have been deprived of a fast-food masterpiece. Taco Bell’s Mexican pizza comprises two flour tortillas as the crust. These tortillas are fried until crusty and can withstand the toppings of a typical pizza crust.
The bottom “crust” is then covered with taco meat and refried beans. The next layer of tortilla is applied. The cheese, green onions, olives, and tomatoes are sprinkled on top. After melting the cheese, they will be ready to consume.
Servings – 4servings
- Preparation time – 20 minutes
- Cooking time – 15 minutes
- Total duration – 30 to 35 minutes
- Flour Tortillas: There is no need to prepare the crust from scratch for flour tortillas! To brown up flour tortillas, pan-fry them in oil. I prefer 8-inch tortillas, but any size will do.
- Ground Beef: Browned minced beef seasoned with taco seasoning. No need to worry; I’ve included culinary instructions as well.
- Refried Beans: They serve as the adhesive that binds the layers together. The tinned variety suffices.
- Enchiladas + Taco Sauce: For a zesty, tomato-forward flavor with a bite.
- Mozzarella: For that stringy oozing deliciousness.
- Mexican Cheese Blend: A blend of Monterey Cheddar, Jack, and other meltable cheeses.
- Tomatoes, Green onions, and Black olives: The perfect finishing touches.
How to Make Taco Bell Mexican Pizza?
Here are the steps to make taco bell Mexican pizza:
1. Pan-fry the tortillas.
This dish yields four pizza quesadillas; therefore, you must pan-fry eight tortillas.
In a skillet heated over high heat, fry each tortilla in oil until golden brown.
Flip the tortillas frequently to prevent them from becoming overly browned.
Tortillas will require approximately 2 to 3 minutes per side to prepare. If you need to add more oil, feel free to do so.
Use paper towels to soak any extra oil.
2. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
3. Assemble the first layer.
Place four tortillas on a baking sheet and evenly distribute refried beans on top. Each pizza top with minced beef and half mozzarella, then wrapped in another tortilla.
4. Make the sauce.
In a dish, combine the taco and enchilada sauces.
5. Assemble the second layer.
Spread the sauce mixture on top of the pizzas. Sprinkle mozzarella and Mexican cheese combination on top.
6. Bake the pizzas
Please place them in the oven for three to four minutes or until the cheeses begin to froth.
7. Garnish with more toppings.
Add diced tomatoes, black olives, and green scallions to the pizzas. Now is the time to add garnishes, such as guacamole and sour cream.
Cut the pizzas into fourths, then serve and enjoy.
How to Cook Mexican-Seasoned Ground Beef?
Here are the ingredients and instructions to cook mexican-seasoned ground beef:
- 1 cup (1/2 pound) ground beef)
- 1/2 packet taco seasoning (about 1-2 tablespoons)
- 1/4 cup water
a) Brown the beef
The minced beef is added to a large skillet heated over medium heat. Approximately 5 minutes of stirring is required until the meat is crumbly and no longer tender. Remove any excess oils.
b) Season the beef
Bring the mélange containing the taco seasoning and water to a boil. Low the heat to low and simmer until the sauce has thickened.
Tips for the Best Taco Bell Mexican Pizza
- If you desire a crispier crust, bake the pan-fried tortillas at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 5 to 7 minutes.
- You can make the pizzas vegetarian by omitting the minced beef.
- While it’s not how Taco Bell does it, you can adhere the second tortilla layer to the first by placing the cheese underneath it.
- It will prevent the pizza from falling apart as it is cut.
- If flour is unavailable, you may substitute maize tortillas. The size is also irrelevant. You can choose small tortillas for taco-like snacks or large tortillas for burritos.
- Not a fan of beef? Ground turkey also works.
- The marinara on the original Taco Bell pizza is loaded with diced tomatoes. You can accomplish this by combining pureed tomatoes with enchilada sauce.
- Add as few or as many garnishes as desired. As previously stated, the beauty of creating your pizza is that you have complete control!
- Do you dislike olives? Take them out of circulation. Enjoy lean beef? Add to it!
- Add jalapenos for a fiery flavor to the sauce or pizza.
How to Store Taco Bell Mexican Pizza?
- It can use airtight containers to store remains for up to two days. Reheat them until thoroughly heated in a toaster, air fryer, oven, or microwave.
- Moreover, good tidings! The pizzas can freeze for up to two months. Double-wrap them in plastic wrap and foil of aluminum before placing them in the freezer.
- Defrost them in the refrigerator before reheating them in the toaster, oven, air fryer, or microwave.
Thank you for visiting….